Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Andrew Jones, Six Poems


Andrew Jones
 

~

here is
no where
there fore
I am
now here


Praia Grande

Not every person who has ever lived can be accounted for.
Not everyone can be found. I come here every day.
I watch the waves pulverize the cliffs.
Suppose, on a red flag day, I went swimming.


After Listening To Recordings Of A Poet
Who Died Yesterday

when I returned
nothing was
in its place
not even the cat
was still black


~

th’ ‘’rth m’v’’s gr’vit’
t’k’s h’ld ‘f ‘v’r’th’g
s’l’r m’x’m’m
t’rns th’ p’l’s
w’ ‘ll d’’


~

now's then
because then's
was will be

then's now's then

and we're
sometimes
more but
most times
now

then of course
then
then in due course
nothing


Rome Again

time constantly begins
to decay we go there
we see the ruins
and they’re just that
 
_____
RECONFIGURATIONS: A Journal for Poetics & Poetry / Literature & Culture, http://reconfigurations.blogspot.com/, ISSN: 1938-3592, Volume 5 (2011): Disappearance

No comments: